Monday, May 12, 2014

Means


So many conversations in one week and I can't recall any of them to post here. I'll just write what someone special told me yesterday in dinner:

"We'll grow fat together, because I don't think we'll make it to old."
...

     Last week was terrible. So much schoolwork to do. I only slept about 2-3 hours a night. I felt like a zombie. On the other hand, it was so hard having to say goodbye to my family, specially to my little brother. Mom told me my grandmother is angry at me for leaving without saying goodbye. It was kind of hard since I had a test every day until I left. Easiest part was saying goodbye to my friends. Not because I don't love them, but because they were really supportive and didn't give me much drama about it. All hard times these last days, so far, have been worth it. I'm in Chicago right now having an AMAZING time while I do the visa process. 

     Talking about the visa... UGH! Nowhere in the Chicago Chinese Consulate site does it say that every paper must be on computer. I got there early. Made #B250. Waiting patiently just so that this not-so-nice lady tells me "We don't accept handwritten papers". Needless to say I was not a happy camper. Walked to the nearest Fedex to do it fast, but everyone was in the same boat, so computers were all taken. Decided to head back to the hotel room to get my laptop, but  by the time everything got done, it was too late. So here I am waiting for 1pm to walk there again. Hope everything works out perfectly after that.

     So far, haven't done much in Chicago. First day I got here we just checked in the hotel room, which is amazing by the way; walked around and had dinner. Woke up really early yesterday for some odd reason. Rented a bike and rode it across the seashore up to the Navy Pier. There we got to walk around, take few pictures and just enjoy a sunny day in general. Later for dinner I had this amazing pasta with shrimp, orange (raw) and a green sauce (not creative) that tasted so good. I wanted to order like ten of those to go. So good. And today... well the visa has taken all day so far. At night I'm going on a date. Yes. It's an official date because it was clearly stated it was. Then tomorrow is the Neon Trees concert! Secretly, I want to make that a date too. (I just hope that he doesn't read this post...)

     Just a few more days and I will be heading out for Beijing. If all goes well, next post will be officially my as an Au Pair. I am really nervous and excited about it. Wish me luck guys! 


No comments:

Post a Comment