Monday, May 5, 2014

Horologe



"In truth, you wont notice the difference so much. When you see us online on Facebook, it makes it feel less far away than it seems. You will only feel the distance in time (zones) and you get used too. We made our polygamous relationship work last semester, one summer is nothing." - G

...

      I am actually in my Geography class writing this. Don't have much time to do the blog out of class. Plus, I have no wifi at my new place. And since I am going away soon, I don't care much about it.

     I'm leaving on Saturday. First stop will be Chicago. I'll be staying 5-ish days there. Neon Trees Concert, Beercades, The Amazing Spiderman on IMAX and Sears Tower (staying away from the sky-deck for sure) will be some of the activities I'll do while I wait for the Chinese Visa to process. I just remembered that I need to cancel my couchsurfing request. I'll just do it later. The host seemed so cool and eager to take me around. Hoping I get to hang out with him sometime while there.

     The fact that I am not heading directly for Beijing has kept me from being dramatic about my leave. Three months seem so long and short at the same time. Those three months are without taking in consideration the pre and post stops. No time seems enough to spend with my family and friends. Wish I could just be done with school and work, head home and be there with my mom. I know me not being there on Mother's Day will make her sad in some ways. But we get to do our yearly Ednita Nazario's concert.

     Five days, seven things to do. And by things I mean schoolwork (finals, essays and such). Yet, I am not as stressed as I should be. I've been doing everything greatly so far. I am sure that as the departure date gets near I will start going crazy stressed about stupid stuff that can be resolved easily. At least I have found a way to calm down when I feel like this.

     No bags done. No visa yet. I need to memorise all the information about the host family in case they interview me in the Chinese Consulate. Haven't bought the host family's presents yet. I kind of have some idea of what I will get them. Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events books for the girls,  Puerto Rican rum for the host father (Don Q or Bacardi) and no idea for the host mom (Comment ideas please!). Women are always the hardest.

Professor is talking about monkeys stealing watermelons in Lajas, PR. This... wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment