Monday, April 20, 2015

Lofty

This post was created somewhere around March.


(Still no internet at my place)

                         Sing, whenever there is wine,
               For life is as ephemeral
              As dew in the morning,
                               With the days to come numbered.
                Mind must be generous,
                             But seldom is it free from sorrow
That dissolves
            Only in a cup of wine. 
                                                            - The Martial Emperor of Wei 


...

It's been a pretty positive couple of weeks. 

     After a whole semester without working, I finally found a part-time job. I went from librarian to bartender. It came as a surprise to me when I got the message. I had joked around with M about covering her shift at the bar for her, but never thought that joke would actually get me somewhere. At the beginning I was completely skeptical about it, but now I love it. It's a nice once or twice in a week work with pretty good pay. I get to have fun, meet people and get them drunk. Now I understand why so many college students around the world bartend. 

     Spring Break is here! The island is full of "foreign" students (from the mainland) ready to have all kinds of fun and looking for locals to show them around. It's my favourite time of the year. One makes so many friends and shares experiences, making their stay and company one to remember for times to come. Also, they pay good tips. 

Art by: Jonathan Ortiz

     I turned 24 on February 20th. Time flies by. Each time one of my birthdays comes by I can't help but to go back to when I was 18 and I asked myself "How will I look like when I get to 21? Or 25? Where will I be?". Now I am one year away from 25 and I can't help but to ask myself the same thing about my 30's. Sometimes I wish I could stop time. But then again, I've learned enjoy the present and leave the past behind. Take what I need about it, apply it and just be happy. 

Let us read some quick points...
  • Back to Seattle on March 27th! Airplanes make me happy. Food makes me happier though...
  • New York, Las Vegas and Vancouver this summer? Make it a YES!
  • My baby brother turns 16 on the 25th. He will finally get his driver's permit and I'll be there next to him to celebrate. So excited!
  • I miss China... 
  • That last point sounds a lot like something I wrote on my last post.
  • Starting to plan a graduation trip. Backpacking through Europe next summer and maybe go back to China.
  • I can't believe it's already been almost a year since Vancouver 2014. I miss those days.
  • Alimony problem got solved and everything is good now.
  • Mid-terms are here! I guess that stress makes me want to write.
  • I am actually writing in class. The classmate in front of my is watching a soccer game.
  • The more money I make, the more money I spend.




:)

No comments:

Post a Comment