Monday, July 28, 2014

Advent


My diary
August 28, 2008

     My heart once more has been wounded, and greatly. I am unsure about how it happened, I just know it did. Everything was so unexpected that I didn't have time to react. There was a drastic change out of nowhere that I myself can't seem to understand. After so many words, so many promises, everything was taken away by the wind. To think that for the first time in my life I was going to let go of my dream of... just to be close to him. It's how I've said before: "Apparently I love in a non-existent world full of  unreal people". Everything around me is lies and deceits. My heart has been belittled.  Once he swore it would be different and, yes, maybe it was different. He was the only one who fooled me, leaving my heart to die. It's incredible how I already knew this was going to happen, but he was smooth with his words and achieved to wrap me blindly in his ways. I let myself go and drank from that poison dressed as a special potion. Without the need for it I became a beggar for his love, his words, forgetting how important I actually am. Loneliness jointly with lack of love took me to my own demise. My forces subsided and the feeling of slag entered my life, just because I once again opened the doors to a madness that has no cure: LOVE.


...

     Honestly, today is one of those days I really don't want to write. But I have a goal, and I need to stick to it even when I don't want to.

     This last week... Hmmm... It's funny because I actually don't remember much about this last week. I went to work, watched Netflix and today I went to the beach. It's been two weeks since last time I stayed a whole weekend at my mom's place. Probably I am just getting mentally ready to begin the semester and go more than a month without going back home. It's funny because it's not like my mom lives that far away from me. But when you live in an island with weather as the one we have here, a 45 minute car ride seems like hell.

     I love watching good movies, and even though I try to watch as many as possible, there are some classics I haven't watched. Following the advice of a friend who shares the same interest but in a more deep way, I watched three movies this weekend; Hitchcock's Psycho, A Clockwork Orange, and 12 Angry Man. Each one was great in their own way. I enjoyed 12 Angry Man a lot just because of how one rational person can change someone's thought. 


     So there you have a picture of one of my favorite places on Earth. It's a well known beach in Puerto Rico named Crashboat. During weekdays you can go early and get some peace, sun and clear water. It has a bridge where you can jump off and it's a well known spot for amateur divers. There are also some food stands around where you can get "pinchos" and "frituras", and I think I even saw a pizza place. After noon it gets really crowded and noisy so, once again, get there early.  


     After the beach, we decided to stop in the Guajataca Tunnel in Quebradillas since it was on the way back. It's a really beautiful tunnel besides the beach that was originally used for trains to transport sugar canes across the island. I have to be honest, the place is pretty filthy. But it is gorgeous nonetheless. We walked around and had fun with the view. Then it was time to head back home. Such a long exhausting drive, but totally worth it.

Lastly, some quick points:
1. I got a sprouter and the seeds are sprouting. Yes, I get all excited because of that.
2. Mmmmm... Burritos <3
3. Two more weeks of "summer"!!
4. Someone special (aka my boyfriend) will be visiting soon. So excited! 
5. We painted K's room. Yay for summer projects!

I hope you enjoy what's left of your summer!




(:

No comments:

Post a Comment